Appropriate Behavior Policy
The Cambridge Memorial Library serves a small community with tolerance, fairness, and respect. In order to provide a safe and comfortable environment for its users, the Library asks Patrons to observe the following standards of behavior.
- Food and drink, unless part of a library program, are prohibited.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, or controlled substances is not permitted.
- Running is not permitted in the library, action to be determined by the Librarian.
- Any behavior that endangers the safety or health of others is not permitted.
- Use of abusive language is prohibited.
- Vandalism or deliberate destruction of library property is prohibited. The offender will financially responsible for the vandalism or destruction.
- Theft of library materials or the personal property of other patrons and staff members is prohibited.
- Inappropriate dress is prohibited. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
In most cases, Patrons who are behaving inappropriately in the library will be given one warning by the Library Director. Patrons who refuse to behave more appropriately will be asked to leave the Library.
Serious violations, which include behaviors that are absolutely unacceptable, do not require a warning, but can result in the loss of library privileges for as long as the Library Director sees necessary or legal charges being filed.