The internet is available to all our Patrons, but we may restrict this service at any time for not staying within the guidelines.
- Parents or guardians of minor children must assume responsibility for their children’s use of the Library’s internet service.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign an internet use agreement at the Library in front of a staff member.
- Everyone must sign a log-in chart before beginning their session.
- Internet use is offered in 30 minute sessions on a first come basis. If no one is waiting to use the computer the user may have another 30 minutes of use. The maximum is 1 hour per user.
- Patrons may use the internet for email, research, homework, or recreational needs.
- The user will respect and not abuse the use of the internet.
- Users will respect the rights and privacy of others.
- Using the internet for illegal purposes will result in the authorities being contacted. The user will no longer be allowed access to the internet.
- Accessing other’s private files will result in the internet usage being cancelled.
- Mistreating equipment will result in suspension of internet use.
- First suspension will result in two weeks of no internet use.
- Second suspension will result in a month of no internet use.
- Third suspension will result in no longer being allowed to use the internet.
- Broken equipment will result in suspension until user pays repair costs. If the Library is not reimbursed for the damage; the user will be reported to authorities.
Unacceptable Internet Uses and Consequences
Remember that the Library is a public place, using the internet here will not be private. Materials you are accessing on the internet may be viewed by others, please keep this in mind when accessing private or possibly offensive materials.
The Library cannot assure that data or files downloaded by users are virus-free, download at your own risk.